Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Ultimate Whiteboard - Diagrams, Flow Charts...

I fell in love with Visio at my old job and for a long time I've been looking for a free or open source solution that I could use to generate business diagrams. DIA is the program that is the closest to Visio that I've found. It's great for mapping out network configurations, flow charts, building layouts... it's like a white board with lots of objects that you can use to enhance your drawing. Visio is the industry standard and Microsoft bought them about 10 years ago. I'm not sure how long DIA has been around but I can tell it's been out there long enough to attract a very talented and devoted user base who contribute to the ongoing development. It is a robust solution with a clean and well thought out GUI.

Download DIA

No comments: