Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What Port's are Open on Your PC?

CurrPorts is a great program that lets you see what ports you have open and what their connected to. Currently, I'm running this all the time, mostly because I'm just interested out of my own curiousity rather than any real need. But I do think it is a good idea for everyone to have a tool handy that will let you find out what your PC is connected to. So this is a good tool to keep on hand.

CurrPorts gives you the IP address, tells you if the port is TCP or UDP, gives you the path of the process that is running, and it provides other information that might help you investigate a given process. I highly recommend that everyone keep CurrPorts on hand and run it sometimes, just so you are familiar with everything that you are connected to.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html

2 comments:

jb said...

An extraordinary blog!


jbENTO
Anadia -Aveiro-Portugal

Anonymous said...

hey add that "follow me" thing, so we can follow you! Chaz